You will identify and apply generally recognized practices in project management.
The target student for this course is any individual who may need to perform project management activities in their job role on either a formal or informal basis, or any project team members who want to enhance their knowledge of project management in order to interact more productively with a project manager and perform more effectively on a project team.
Work experience with project management and knowledge of the roles, responsibilities, and skills required for project management is needed. Also, basic working knowledge of office productivity tools is required. The Project Management Fundamentals course is recommended for students as a prerequisite to this course.
About the Instructor:
Jordan Serbezov (PMP) holds MSc. in Strategic Management from Johannes Kepler University, Linz, Austria – „Business & Economics“. Jordan has 14+ years experience in project management, including managerial experience across regions, functions and cultures. Strong projects & teams leader with hands-on experience in strategic management, business operations, transitions & transformations, and customer service.
Currently Jordan holds the position of EMEA Resource Management Center Lead in DXC Technology, where he oversees the Labor Demand & Supply Management, operational & people management of the LDSM teams, escalations, compliance, optimizations & continuous improvement.
Fluent in English and German, Jordan Serbezov lives in Sofia, Bulgaria with his family.
Each computer requires the following software:
- Microsoft® Office® 2003 or later
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify the basic concepts and terminology of professional project management.
- launch a project.
- estimate project work.
- create a project schedule.
- plan project costs.
- plan for project risks.
- plan for project quality and compliance.
- manage human resources for your project.
- manage project procurements.
- plan for change management and monitor the project scope.
- monitor and optimize project schedule and cost.
- monitor quality of project work and the risks involved.
- plan communication strategies and manage stakeholder relationships.
- perform project closure.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Project Management
- Topic 1A: Project Management Basics
- Topic 1B: Factors Influencing a Project
Lesson 2: Launching Projects
- Topic 2A: How Organizations Choose the Right Project
- Topic 2B: Identify Project Stakeholders and Their Expectations
- Topic 2C: Identify the Project Scope
- Topic 2D: Prepare a SOW
- Topic 2E: Formally Authorize a Project
Lesson 3: Estimating Project Work
- Topic 3A: Estimate Project Effort and Resources Using Top-Down Estimation
- Topic 3B: Estimate Project Effort and Resources Using Bottom-Up Estimation
- Topic 3C: Reduce Risks in Project Estimates
Lesson 4: Creating a Project Schedule
- Topic 4A: Illustrate Project Flow
- Topic 4B: Identify Activity Resources
- Topic 4C: Schedule Project Work
Lesson 5: Planning Project Costs
- Topic 5A: Estimate Project Costs
- Topic 5B: Establish the Cost Baseline
- Topic 5C: Reconcile Funding and Costs
Lesson 6: Planning for Risks
- Topic 6A: Create a Risk Management Plan
- Topic 6B: Identify Risks and Their Causes
- Topic 6C: Analyze Risks
- Topic 6D: Develop a Risk Response Plan
Lesson 7: Planning for Quality and Compliance
- Topic 7A: Deliver the Desired Project Results
- Topic 7B: Verify Compliance Requirements
Lesson 8: Managing Human Resources
- Topic 8A: Plan Your Dream Team
- Topic 8B: Put the Team Together
- Topic 8C: Build the Team
- Topic 8D: Manage the Team
Lesson 9: Managing Project Procurements
- Topic 9A: Plan for Project Procurements
- Topic 9B: Obtain Responses from Vendors
- Topic 9C: Choose the Right Vendor
- Topic 9D: Manage Vendors and Procurements
Lesson 10: Managing Change During Project Execution
- Topic 10A: Gear Up for Project Execution
- Topic 10B: Manage Project Changes
- Topic 10C: Monitor the Project Scope
Lesson 11: Monitoring and Controlling Project Schedule and Cost
- Topic 11A: Monitor and Control the Project Schedule
- Topic 11B: Optimize the Project Schedule
- Topic 11C: Monitor and Control Project Costs
Lesson 12: Monitoring Risk and Quality
- Topic 12A: Monitor and Control Risks
- Topic 12B: Put Quality Plans into Action
- Topic 12C: Control Project Quality
Lesson 13: Communicating and Reporting
- Topic 13A: Communicate in a Project
- Topic 13B: Distribute Project Information
- Topic 13C: Manage Stakeholder Relationships and Expectations
- Topic 13D: Report on Project Performance
Lesson 14: Closing the Project
- Topic 14A: Hand Off the Project
- Topic 14B: Close Project Procurements
- Topic 14C: Wrap Up a Project
Appendix A: Project Management Templates