Why should you attend?
Lead Pen Test Professional training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to lead a professional penetration test by using a mix of practical techniques and management skills.
This course is designed by industry experts with in-depth experience in the Penetration Testing field. Unlike other trainings, this training course is focused specifically on the knowledge and skills needed by professionals looking to lead or take part in a penetration test. It drills down into the latest technical knowledge, tools and techniques in key areas including infrastructure, Web Application security, Mobile security and Social Engineering. In addition, this course concentrates on how to practically apply what is learned on current day-to-day penetration testing and does not expand on unrelated, dated or unnecessary theoretical concepts.
Along with the in-depth hands-on practical skills, this training course equips you with the management skills you need to lead a penetration test, taking into account business risks and key business issues. The individuals who complete the course have the right blend of the real business and technical competencies needed to be a respected, understood and professional penetration tester. On the last day of the training course, you will get to use the skills learned in a comprehensive capture and flag penetration testing exercises.
Who should attend?
- IT professionals looking to enhance their technical skills and knowledge
- Auditors looking to understand the Penetration Testing processes
- IT and Risk managers seeking a more detailed understanding of the appropriate and beneficial use of Penetration Tests
- Incident handlers and Business Continuity professionals looking to use testing as part of their testing regimes
- Penetration testers
- Ethical hackers
- Cybersecurity professionals
- Learn how to interpret and illustrate the main Penetration Testing concepts and principles
- Understand the core technical knowledge needed to organize and carry out an effective set of Pen Tests
- Learn how to effectively plan a Penetration Test and identify a scope which is suitable and appropriate based on risk
- Acquire hands-on practical skills and knowledge on relevant tools and techniques used to efficiently conduct a Penetration Testing
- Learn how to effectively manage the time and resources needed to scale a specific Penetration Test
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in Pen Testing
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practical tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of Penetration Testing and comprehensive knowledge of Cybersecurity.
Day 1: Introduction to Penetration Testing, ethics, planning and scoping
Day 2: Technical foundation, knowledge and techniques (with practical exercises in all areas)
Day 3: Conducting a Penetration Test (using tools and techniques) and reviewing testing areas
Day 4: Analyzing results from testing, reporting and follow up
Day 5: Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified Lead Pen Test Professional” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts in Penetration Testing
Domain 2: Technical foundations for Penetration Testing
Domain 3: Scoping and planning a Penetration Test
Domain 4: Conducting a Penetration Test including test types, tools and methods
Domain 5: Specific Penetration Testing types and techniques (infrastructure, application, mobile technology and social engineering)
Domain 6: Analyzing results and the reporting process
Domain 7: Penetration Test follow up
For more information about exam details, please visit Examination Rules and Policies
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about Pen Testing certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Pen Testing Professional Certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||PTMS project experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified Provisional Pen Test Professional||PECB Certified Lead Pen Test Professional exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified Pen Test Professional||PECB Certified Pen Test Professional exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in Pen Testing||Pen Testing activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified Lead Pen Test Professional||PECB Certified Lead Pen Test Professional exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in Pen Testing||Pen Testing activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
To be considered valid, these activities should follow best practices and include the following:
- Understanding an organization and its context
- Defining a Pen Testing approach
- Selecting a Pen Test methodology
- Defining Pen Test criteria
- Identification of assets, threats, existing controls, vulnerabilities and consequences (impacts)
- Assessing consequences
- Evaluating Pen Test scenarios
- Evaluating Pen Test treatment options
- Selecting and implementing controls
- Performing a Pen Test review
- Certification fees are included on the exam price
- Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free
What is a Penetration Testing?
Why is Penetration Testing important to you?
Benefits of Penetration Testing Certification
- Identify and analyze organization exposure to cybersecurity threats
- Improve your basic cybersecurity audit skills
- Learn the techniques, tools and hacking methods used by penetration testers
- Effectively manage time and resources
- Gain international industry recognition as a legal and ethical cybersecurity professional