Getting Key Performance Indicators right by using a rigorous KPI measurement framework.
Note to international travelers:
This course will be delivered in Sofia, Bulgaria. Sofia Airport is easily accessible from all major airports around the world. Learn Valley ltd. provides all international travelers with advice and support prior to and during their trip. Learn Valley Ltd. will welcome international travelers on Sofia Airport and arrange for transportation to their hotel of choice. EU businesses registered outside of Bulgaria will not be charged VAT on the tickets for the course due to the EU reverse charge mechanism.
Key business benefits:
- Improve the performance of your company by practicing a sound framework for KPI measurement;
- Obtain better business results by selecting the right KPIs to monitor for your company;
- Generate value from using KPIs by optimizing the data collection process.
- Support decision making by accessing relevant performance data;
- Use pre-populated tools to facilitate the implementation of a KPI Measurement Framework in your organization by receiving 10+ templates used in working with KPIs;
- Access an innovative learning experience based on a 3 stage educational process;
- Expand your business network by becoming a member of the international Certified KPI Professionals Community.
Over the last years, the team at The KPI Institute:
- Documented 8,000+ KPIs from 16 functional areas and 25 industries;
- Reviewed 1,000+ performance reports from 125 countries;
- Referenced 30,000+ resources as part of the documentation process.
KPI selection and data gathering are considered by professionals all around the world to be the most challenging aspects in working with KPIs. A way to address these challenges is to build a sound framework to measure KPIs, starting from the
moment they are selected, until results are collected to be centralized in performance reports. This training course presents a rigorous KPI Measurement Framework that embeds 10 years of research in the field of key performance indicators and relies on best practices identified in the real business environment.
Professionals interested in measuring performance
Professionals from different fields, such as finance, human resources, production, logistics, information technology and others, interested in key performance indicators, will acquire the competencies needed to measure the performance of their team, department or organization.
Top/middle/lower management professionals
Executives or operational managers, regardless of their field of expertise, will gain the ability and knowledge to measure performance and maximize the value of using KPIs. The tools and resources offered as part of the Certified KPI Professional Training Course enable managers to apply the concepts learned within their organizations, immediately after the course.
Performance measurement experts
For professionals like Data Analyst, Strategy Manager, Performance Management Officer or Performance Architect, it is important to develop competencies in measuring performance, especially in terms of KPI selection and data gathering. Usually, this particular audience already has a performance measurement system set in place and the Course offers them the opportunity to learn the best practices used in this field and identify how their current processes and approaches regarding KPIs can be improved.
- Differentiate between objectives, KPIs and initiatives;
- Understand KPI selection in different contexts;
- Apply best practice techniques to KPI selection;
- Document KPIs in a standardized template;
- Learn when and how to use benchmarking in target setting;
- Optimize the KPI activation and data gathering process.
Day 1: A standardized approach to KPIs
The World of KPIs
- Challenges in performance measurement;
- The value added by KPIs;
- KPIs concept map;
- KPI related terminology;
- SMART objectives decomposed;
- KPI lifecycle.
- Leading vs. lagging KPIs;
- Qualitative vs. quantitative KPIs;
- Efficiency vs. effectiveness KPIs.
- Interdisciplinary systemic worldview;
- KPI use case scenarios;
- KPI DNA map.
Day 2: KPI selection & target setting
- KPI selection for organizational scorecard;
- KPI selection sources;
- KPI selection techniques.
- KPI alignment approaches;
- KPI selection for corporate scorecard.
- KPI documentation form functions;
- KPI documentation form design;
- KPI documentation process.
Working with Targets
- Target setting process;
- Challenges in working with targets;
- Negative behaviors when setting targets;
- Weights and indexes.
Day 3: Data gathering and visualization
- Data quality dimensions;
- KPI reporting data sources;
- KPI activation tools;
- KPI activation techniques;
- Working with data custodians;
- Data collection methods.
- Guidelines to designing efficient templates;
- Usability in terms of visual design;
- Scorecard and dashboard design.
- Course review;
- Certification Exam.
Pre-course. This part of the learning experience is meant to ensure a smooth transition to the face to face training. Participants are required to take the following steps:
- Needs assessment – complete a questionnaire to determine a tailored and relevant learning experience;
- Pre-course evaluation quiz – take a short quiz to establish the current level of knowledge;
- Guidance and schedule – analyze a document presenting guidelines on how to maximize your learning experience;
- Forum introduction – share an introduction message to present yourself to the other course participants and share your expectations;
- Pre-requisite reading – go through a series of documents to better understand the core-course content;
- Expectations – share your expectations regarding the training course;
Core Course. During the three days of face to face training, the course is designed to facilitate experiential learning and ensure a high level of interactivity. Exercises used to enhance the development of competencies range from simple matching of concepts to extensive analysis of case studies. The learning experience consists in:
- Applying concepts in practical exercises, analyzing case studies and identifying solutions;
- Using templates to develop performance measurement instruments;
- Sharing experiences and best practices and creating a network of KPI Professionals;
- Constantly evaluating the participants’ knowledge, through short quizzes to support the certification exam.
After-course. The learning process is not finalized when the core-course ends. Participants are required to take the following steps:
- Forum discussions – initiate a discussion and contribute in a discussion opened by another participant;
- Action plan – create a plan for the actions and initiatives you intend to implement after the training course;
- Performance Improvement Essentials – watch a 45 minutes webinar presenting the KPI measurement as part of a system that ensures performance improvements and achievement of objectives;
- In-house presentation – create and submit a short PowerPoint presentation to present your colleagues the knowledge you have accessed during the training course;
- Additional reading – go through a series of resources to expand your content related knowledge;
- Learning journal – reflect upon your 3 stages learning experience and complete a journal.
Evaluation. The certification process is finalized only when you complete all of the 3 stages of the learning experience. Nonetheless, you will receive a:
- Certificate of Attendance (hard copy): after participating at the 3 days of on-site training course;
- Certificate of Completion (soft copy): after completing pre-course activities and passing the Certification Exam;
- Certified KPI Professional diploma (hard copy): after you have successfully completed all of the 3 stages of the learning experience.
About The Instructor, Raluca Vintilă:
Raluca Vintilă is a Management Consultant at The KPI Institute.
She has delivered training courses, workshops, conference presentations, business simulations and webinars related to the use of KPIs in organizational context, performance measurement and improvement to professionals from a variety of domains. She has trained over 3,400 participants. The main training programs include: Certified KPI Professional, KPI Essentials and KPI Masterclass, Certified Performance Management Professional and Performance Management for Public Sector.
She has accumulated a high level of experience in guiding professionals and practitioners from Europe, Africa, Asia and Middle East in their journey of Implementing Performance Management Systems based on KPIs. Some of the projects: Organizational Architecture Review, Performance Management System Implementation at Organizational, Division and Individual Level.
She has conducted conference workshops and presentations on the following topics: Key Tools for Strategic Planning, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Measurement, learning, optimization, Performance measurement: From strategy to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), KPI Selection Techniques, Challenges in Designing Performance Management Systems. Some of the most significant conferences she has attended are the following: Strategy Leaders Forum in Dubai, United Arab Emirates dedicated to Strategy Execution and the Balanced Scorecard; HR Directors Business Summit in Birmingham, United Kingdom.
Raluca has delivered webinars on several performance management topics, such as: KPI Implementation Project Plan, KPI Selection techniques, KPI Documentation, Best practices in working with KPIs, Team management, Succession management.
Besides her academic and professional development, her involvement in designing educational programs is what recommends her the most. She is involved in the design and development of face-to-face and online learning solutions, related to competency development in the area of Performance Measurement and Management.
Raluca is an auditor for Global Performance Audit Unit (GPA Unit), the strategy and performance audit division of The KPI Institute, supporting organizations to establish their PMS maturity level.
Education: Raluca has a double Master’s degree qualification, in Management and Education. Her studies are complemented by several projects in public and private organizations, dedicated to the evaluation of performance within these organizational entities.
Educational Resources Included:
- Course slides;
- Course notes;
- Course quiz;
- The KPI Infographic.
- KPI Definitions, KPIs in Practice;
- Terminology in Practice;
- KPI Selection Criteria;
- Performance Management Related Theories.
- KPI Documentation Forms;
- Negative Behaviors;
- Targets in Practice;
- Graphs in Practice;
- Glossary of terms.
Performance Management Toolkit:
- Templates: Desired State of Evolution, Strategy Map, Performance Scorecard, Performance Dashboard, Performance Healthogram, Initiatives Portfolio, Performance Management System Architecture, Monthly Performance Management Process, Employee Scorecard;
- Manuals: Performance Scorecard Guide for Administrator, Performance Dashboard Guide for Administrator;
- Publications: KPIs for Human Resources Dashboard, KPIs for Human Resources Scorecard.
Premium subscription on smartKPIs.com:
- Available for 6 months, providing access to 500 fully documented KPIs and over 20.000 KPIs enlisted and one research report from the Top 25 KPIs series.