This one-day course presents a step-by-step approach to Agile for Executives. The course provides you with overviews of key principles and benefits of applying Agile methodologies.
This course is designed for anyone who is considering the use of an Agile method for software development, including:
- Project Managers
- IT Manager/Directors
- Software Engineers
- Software Architects
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Structure a team with generalizing specialists so the team can develop working software incrementally.
- Practice and maintain a regular cadence when delivering working software each iteration.
- Follow the team approach; start as a team, finish as a team — and focus on delivering value to the organization.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of Agile principles and why they are so important for each team.
- Embrace the five levels of planning and recognize the value of continuous planning.
- Build a backlog of prioritized and estimated user stories that provides emergent requirements for analysis and foster customer engagement and understanding.
- Engage in more effective estimating (story points) and become more accurate by being less precise.
- Create accurate Agile release plans that connect you back to business expectations – including hard date commitments and fixed price models.
Defining the Challenges of Software Development
- Making the Case for Change
- What is the problem Agile is trying to solve?
Defining the Agile Proposition
- Why Agile
- The Agile Paradigm
- Agile Basics
- Agile Manifesto and Principles
- Agile Methodologies
- Five Levels of Agile Planning
- Agile Benefits — including industry data, survey results and personal experience
The Path to Agile Adoption
- Dealing with Barriers to Agile Adoption
- An Agile Organization
- Driving Investment Decisions with Agile
- The path to successful Agile adoption