You will apply generally recognized practices of portfolio management acknowledged by the PMI® and identify the portfolio management processes and knowledge areas to manage portfolios effectively.
Managers interested in gaining a basic understanding of portfolio management or developing portfolio management skills relating to business requirements.
A good understanding or work background in project management.
- Suggested: Project Management Fundamentals
- Suggested but not required: Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification
Each computer requires the following software:
- Microsoft® Office® 2003 or later
About the Instructor:
Jordan Serbezov (PMP) holds MSc. in Strategic Management from Johannes Kepler University, Linz, Austria – „Business & Economics“. Jordan has 14+ years experience in project management, including managerial experience across regions, functions and cultures. Strong projects & teams leader with hands-on experience in strategic management, business operations, transitions & transformations, and customer service.
Currently Jordan holds the position of EMEA Resource Management Center Lead in DXC Technology, where he oversees the Labor Demand & Supply Management, operational & people management of the LDSM teams, escalations, compliance, optimizations & continuous improvement.
Fluent in English and German, Jordan Serbezov lives in Sofia, Bulgaria with his family.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify the fundamentals of portfolio management.
- identify the various stages in the portfolio management process.
- select and prioritize portfolio components.
- perform risk analysis and develop portfolio risk responses.
- balance portfolios and authorize portfolio components.
- monitor and control portfolios.
- identify the key components of portfolio management implementation in the organization.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Portfolio Management
- Topic 1A: Portfolio Management Overview
- Topic 1B: Identify the Need for Portfolio Management
- Topic 1C: Describe Portfolio Management’s Relationship Within the Organization
Lesson 2: Understanding the Portfolio Management Processes
- Topic 2A: Describe Organizational Influences
- Topic 2B: Processes in the Portfolio Management Life Cycle
Lesson 3: Selecting and Prioritizing Portfolio Components
- Topic 3A: Identify Portfolio Components
- Topic 3B: Categorize Portfolio Components
- Topic 3C: Evaluate Portfolio Components
- Topic 3D: Select Portfolio Components
- Topic 3E: Prioritize Portfolio Components
Lesson 4: Performing Risk Analysis and Developing Risk Responses
- Topic 4A: Identify the Portfolio Risk Management Processes
- Topic 4B: Identify Portfolio Risks
- Topic 4C: Analyze Portfolio Risks
- Topic 4D: Develop Portfolio Risk Responses
Lesson 5: Balancing and Authorizing Portfolio Components
- Topic 5A: Balance a Portfolio
- Topic 5B: Communicate Portfolio Adjustments
- Topic 5C: Authorize Portfolio Components
Lesson 6: Monitoring and Controlling Portfolios
- Topic 6A: Monitor and Control Portfolio Risks
- Topic 6B: Review and Report Portfolio Performance
- Topic 6C: Monitor Business Strategy Changes
Lesson 7: Examining Portfolio Management Implementation
- Topic 7A: Define the PMO’s Relationship with Portfolio Management
- Topic 7B: Describe PMO Establishment and Operational Methods
- Topic 7C: Describe the Portfolio Management Implementation Process