Developing and implementing a Big Data strategy is vital if you want to stay in business in the coming years. Big Data offers so many benefits to organizations and research indicated that companies leveraging Big Data financially outperform their peers by 20% or more. So, if you do not want to be left behind, you should focus on Big Data now.
But what is Big Data? How should you develop a Big Data strategy? What can Big Data do for your organization and how should you deal with the privacy aspect of Big Data? Important questions to ask that can be difficult to answer without sufficient knowledge on Big Data.
This unique Big Data strategy training focuses on Big Data from a business perspective and will provide you with all the knowledge and valuable insights to develop a successful and winning Big Data strategy. This is the only training available that focuses on Big Data from a strategic point of view.
This course is best suited to information technology professionals who possess intermediate to advanced programming, system administration, or relational database skills and are looking to move into the area of Big Data. These include:
- Software Engineers
- Application Developers
- IT Architects
- System Administrators
The course can also be of benefit to other professionals, such as Business Analytics and Research Analytics, who possess strong Information Technology skills and have a deep interest in Big Data analytics and the benefits it can bring to an organization.
None. A basic understanding of business strategy is recommended.
ITPRENEURS. DATAFLOQ. 0003184100
- By the end of the course you understand what big data is and how it affects your organization
- You will learn how to develop a big data strategy
- You will learn about 8 important trends that affect any big data strategy.
- Big Data brings great responsibility. You will learn how to ensure the privacy of your customers and what the four ethical guidelines are
- Big data requires new technologies, in this course you will learn about the most important ones and how they affect your company.
- Big data will only becomes bigger and those brontobytes will become common language in the boardroom. You will understand where big data is heading to and how that affects your organization.
Big Data History
- Explanation of the vast moving times we are living in and how that affects organizations
- Group exercise to understand one’s data requirements / dreams
7 V’s of a Big Data Strategy
- Explanation of the 7 V’s of Big Data and how that affects your Big Data Strategy.
- Volume, Variety, Velocity, Veracity, Variability, Visualization and Value
Important Big Data Trends
- The Mobile Revolution, requiring a different Big Data approach
- The Internet of Things
- The Industrial Internet
- The Quantified Self
- Big Social Data
- Open / Public Data
Big Data Techniques
- Market overview
- Hadoop and MapReduce
- Various ways of analysing your data
- Data mining
- Machine learning
- Descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics
Privacy & Ethics
- Big Data ownership
- 4 ethical guidelines
- Big Data security
Big Data Roadmap
- Key characteristics data-driven company
- Big Data ROI
- Big Data on the Balance sheet
- Big Data Governance
- Developing a Big Data strategy
- Big Data use case framework – 9 generic Big Data use cases
Big Data within your organization
- Big Data and Marketing / PR
- Big Data and Human Resources
- Best Practices of Big Data